ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Dec. 17, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- DISH today unveiled highlights from its fourth annual Day of Service, a time for team members to come together and serve the communities where they live and work. DISH employees, together with their family and friends, provided more than 2,800 hours of service across 32 communities nationwide, while DISH retailers served nearly 18,000 people across 46 events.
A video with highlights of the day can be found here.
"Our commitment to service extends from our customer interactions to our community engagement, and each year we look forward to this time of joining together to make a difference," said Erik Carlson, DISH president and CEO. "DISH team members and retailer partners are the heartbeat of DISH Cares, and their impact is felt both during Day of Service and through their year-round community investment."
Following are examples of the ways the DISH teams served their communities.
- Ann Arbor (MI), Christiansburg (VA), Hawthorne (CA), South El Monte (CA) and Hillard (OH) volunteered to build homes and staff donation stores with Habitat for Humanity
- El Paso (TX), Kent (WA) and Tulsa (OK) cleaned and sorted donations for the local children's resource centers and clubs
- American Fork (UT) helped support local hospitals by hosting a blood drive
- Phoenix (AZ), Guaynabo (PR), Pittston Township (PA), Spartanburg (SC), Denver (CO) and Bluefield (WV) provided meals and food for people experiencing hunger
- Harlingen (TX) showed support for the local police force by participating in the Run with the Hero's 5K
DISH Day of Service is part of DISH Cares, the company's corporate citizenship program. DISH Cares focuses on three core areas: Our People, Our Communities and Our Planet. More information about DISH Cares is available here.
About DISH Network L.L.C.
Since 1980, DISH has worked on behalf of consumers to deliver innovation and value. Through its subsidiaries, the company provides television entertainment and award-winning technology to millions of customers. DISH Network L.L.C. is a wholly owned subsidiary of DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ:DISH), a Fortune 250 company. Visit www.dish.com.
SOURCE DISH Network L.L.C.