- Across the Bay Area, Central Coast, Greater Sacramento, Inland Empire, Los Angeles, Orange County, North Bay, and San Diego, Cigna + Oscar will offer small businesses access to affordable, member-first health insurance products.
- Covered employees will have access to $0 co-pay 24/7 virtual doctor visits, low cost prescription coverage, behavioral health support, and Cigna’s networks of quality physicians, specialists and hospitals.
CALIFORNIA and NEW YORK, April 8, 2021 – Cigna, a leading global health service company, and Oscar Health, Inc. (“Oscar”) (NYSE: OSCR), the first health insurance company built on a full stack technology platform, today announced that Cigna + Oscar1 small business health insurance will be available in the Bay Area, Central Coast, Greater Sacramento, Inland Empire, Los Angeles, Orange County, North Bay, and San Diego regions.
“Small businesses are the heart of the economy, and of their local communities. Now more than ever, they need affordable health insurance that works for them and their employees,” said Bruce Grimm, Cigna's senior vice president of segments. “Cigna + Oscar brings together Cigna's nationwide and local provider networks, and Oscar’s member-focused experience, to deliver small group health insurance for the unique needs of small businesses. We are excited to bring this innovative partnership to California to help small businesses prioritize their employees’ health needs.”
Businesses all across California have been fighting to keep their doors open since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. As small businesses plan for the future, 88% surveyed by Cigna + Oscar are prioritizing employee health, and 66% said health insurance is more important in their budgets now than prior to the pandemic.
“The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted us all, especially small businesses, in ways that no one could have imagined,” said Louis DeStefano, head of the small group business and senior vice president of growth at Oscar. “Cigna + Oscar provides a solution for the unique challenges that small businesses face by offering a variety of services that meet their employees’ health needs, and at a cost that helps make it possible to keep their doors open.”
California small businesses with between one and 100 employees2 will have access to unique services driven by the combination of Cigna’s provider relationships and Oscar’s consumer-centric, tech-driven approach to customer service and care navigation, including:
- Expected monthly savings for businesses and their employees.
- Range of plan options across price points to meet the needs of every employee.
- Behavioral health benefits, with specialized coaching support to help keep teams productive and healthy.
- Local and nationwide networks of quality doctors, hospitals, and specialists.
- Cigna LocalPlus®, a locally designed network of quality providers offering quality, cost-effective medical care.
- Cigna Open Access Plus network, a national network of quality, cost-effective providers.
- 24/7 virtual urgent care to support employees wherever they are, at $0 co-pay.
- Affordable and easy-to-access pharmacy services.
- Express Scripts pharmacists, nurses and specialty drug experts.
- Dedicated care team experts to help employees understand their benefits, find nearby care, and get the most value out of their plan.
Cigna and Oscar will share risk equally under a reinsurance agreement for solutions offered through this strategic partnership and plan to expand the partnership over time.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Cigna delivers choice, predictability, affordability and access to quality care through integrated capabilities and connected, personalized solutions that advance whole person health. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Evernorth companies or their affiliates, and Express Scripts companies or their affiliates. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Cigna maintains sales capability in over 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has more than 175 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
About Oscar Health, Inc.
Oscar Health, Inc. (NYSE: OSCR) is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a relentless focus on serving its members. At Oscar, our mission is to make a healthier life accessible and affordable for all.
Headquartered in New York City, Oscar has been challenging the health care system's status quo since our founding in 2012. The company’s member-first philosophy and innovative approach to care has earned us the trust of approximately 529,000 members across 291 counties, as of January 31, 2021. We offer Individual & Family, Small Group and Medicare Advantage plans. Our vision is to refactor health care to make good care cost less. Refactor is a term used in software engineering that means to improve the design, structure, and implementation of the software, while preserving its functionality. At Oscar, we take this definition a step further. We improve our members’ experience by building trust through deep engagement, personalized guidance, and rapid iteration.
Courtney Nogas, Cigna
1 (860) 902-5531
Jackie Kahn, Oscar
1 (202) 538-0128
1 Cigna + Oscar coverage is insured by Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company. CA: benefits administered by Oscar Health Administrators. Other states: benefits administered by Oscar Management Corporation. Pharmacy benefits provided by Express Scripts, Inc. Cigna + Oscar health insurance contains exclusions and limitations. For complete details on product availability and coverage, please refer to your plan documents or contact a representative.
2 Cigna + Oscar plans are built for small businesses with at least one qualified full-time (or full-time equivalent) employee, other than the business owner or their spouse.