The Cigna Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Cigna Corporation, is providing support for the Surfside Miami community following the tragic condo collapse that occurred on June 24, sending shockwaves throughout the local area and the nation. The Foundation is contributing $50,000 to critical relief efforts, and has committed to matching eligible employee donations as well. This devastating incident has been heartbreaking, and we extend our support to those affected, a thank you to the brave first responders, and hope for those who are still unaccounted for.
The Cigna Foundation’s $50,000 donation includes:
- A $25,000 contribution to The Surfside Hardship Fund to support local nonprofits so they may continue to provide relief services including support for basic needs, housing, and mental health services for families impacted by the building collapse.
- A $25,000 contribution to The Greater Miami Jewish Federation’s emergency assistance fund for short-term and long-term needs to people impacted by this tragedy, including financial assistance, chaplaincy support, crisis counseling, and social services.
- A commitment to match all eligible employee donations per Cigna's matching gifts program guidelines.
Cigna and the Cigna Foundation are proud to partner with these organizations to provide resources and support relief efforts during this difficult time.
Available Support and Resources
In addition, Cigna is communicating with local partners to understand the support they might need and offer our services, especially behavioral care. These resources include:
- Cigna EAP: Cigna customers and employees are encouraged to access the Cigna Employee Assistance Program (EAP). This is a free, confidential benefit for employees, customers, and their household members. Individuals can call 1(800) 244-6224. The program is available 24/7.
- Community: For individuals who do not have health benefits or employee assistance program benefits through Cigna but could benefit from talking with a qualified representative regarding the stress of this tragedy, there is a special toll-free number, 1 (866) 912-687. Educational tools and community resources can be found on Cigna’s Online Resource Center.
It is our hope that together, we can help the victims of this tragedy and the community as a whole in reacting, recovering, and ultimately rebuilding.