BOSTON, Nov. 4, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- In response to various severe storms and flooding across the country, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (Blue Cross) is expediting access to care for members living in affected counties in Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, Maryland and California.
Blue Cross has more than 651,000 members living in areas where states of emergency declarations have been issued or were anticipated. The company is working to ensure those members can access health services and medications quickly and in locations convenient to them.
Effective immediately and for the next 90 days, Blue Cross is allowing:
- Early refills of any prescription medication
- Affected members to use Well Connection, the health plan's dedicated telehealth platform, to access medical and mental health services free of cost, with no copayments or deductible.
- Members in Massachusetts should enter the code BCBSMA77
- Members in New York should enter the code BCBSMA76
- Members in New Jersey should enter the code BCBSMA75
- Members in Maryland should enter the code BCBSMA78
- Members in California should enter the code BCBSMA74
(Note: Only members with Blue Cross' telehealth benefit are able to access Well Connection and only via My Blue)
About Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (bluecrossma.org) is a community-focused, tax-paying, not-for-profit health plan headquartered in Boston. We are committed to the relentless pursuit of quality, equitable and affordable health care with an unparalleled consumer experience. Consistent with our promise to always put our members first, we are rated among the nation's best health plans for member satisfaction and quality. Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
SOURCE Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts